Latest Posts

Why I got a tattoo

By 8:12 AM ,



It’s been a few weeks now since I finally got my first tattoo. 

The designs had been floating around in my mind for quite some time, and I settled on the symbols you see above.

There was no turning back when I marched into that tattoo parlor and out of the snow with both excited and nervous energies. The experience of getting a tattoo went far better than I had imagined.

My artist fully understood the significance of the ink on my skin, and took every precaution to make it as perfect as possible. He even went as far as to give me a lollipop at the end when my face drained of color and I almost passed out from the adrenaline rush. 

Besides that little mishap everything went smoothly.

Since that day, I have gotten an array of mixed reactions from peers and elders when showing them my wrist. It’s interesting to evaluate how our perceptions of tattoos have changed between generations.

Something that was once considered a rebellious act is now widely accepted and even embraced in our culture. 

My tattoo has much more importance to me than just aesthetics (although it does look pretty cool).



A horseshoe and roman numeral four are now a permanent part of me.

My parents, brother and I have always been a team. We have experienced more struggle throughout our lives together than we may lead on, and only prevailed through these hardships with the strength of our bond.

The Whites; we are a single, unbreakable unit. 

These symbols are an exterior expression of devotion to my family members. To remember them while I am far from home, to cherish my blessings, and a promise to always love them. 

We are the lucky four.

While we are quick to judge someones body art if the imagery may seem nonsensical, there is always deeper thought behind a tattoo. It marks a memory, or single point in time of that persons life. 

I absolutely love my tattoo, and I can't wait to wear it until I'm old and grey. 

Do you have any tattoos?

If not, what do you think about them?




You Might Also Like

0 comments