Latest Posts

The 5 Greatest Things About Having a Sibling

By 8:13 AM ,

I was four and half years old sporting a head of uncontrollable curls and a Mickey Mouse T-shirt when I saw my little brother for the first time. That was 17 years ago.

I felt Aidan's warm body resting in my arms that morning, and at a very young age I knew I would always protect him. There was an invisible magnetism between us, although Aidan gives off that aura to most everyone he meets. He radiates with light.



I'm so thankful to have a younger brother, and there are so many perks to knowing there's someone who's always on my side (most of the time anyway). Brothers and sisters are those people in your life that just get you, no questions asked.

I'm sure anyone with a sibling knows just how awesome it is they exist.

1. They'll be your partner in crime

Siblings will always stick by your side and keep your secrets. When things with your parents might be a little crazy, you know you've got your sibling to back you up.

2. You never have to worry about having a date

Having a sibling means always having someone to go to the movies with so you don't have to sit by yourself. Want to try that new Mexican place? It's a date.

3. They'll always understand what you're going through

Siblings are the easiest to talk to about anything that's happening in your life, good or bad. They know you better than anyone, so they'll totally get what your dealing with.

4. You'll never be embarrassed around them

I think back to some of the nights when Aidan and I have laughed about the stupidest jokes imaginable. Or made ugly faces. Or danced around like crazy people. With siblings, you can be whoever you want to be without any judgement.

5. They'll be your best friend for life

The single most greatest thing about having a sibling is knowing in your heart that for an entire lifetime, there's always one person who's going to love and support you.

Through the years Aidan and I's bond has not changed, only evolved and grown stronger while we face new adversities and triumphs. It's his birthday today, and this post is dedicated to him. Aidan, you're so talented, kind, and strong. I love you buddy.





You Might Also Like

0 comments