Latest Posts

All you had to do was ask

By 10:24 AM ,

In my last post I talked about saying yes to new opportunities in all aspects of our lives in the pursuit of success. Well, sometimes these chances aren't so obvious, or asked of us. Sometimes, it's up to us to ask for them. 



Nothing in life just lands in your lap, an employer or superior wants to see confidence and eagerness. If your interested in being part of a project, ask if you can be. Often times teachers are involved in many jobs outside of the classroom, just simply mentioning you'd be really interested in giving an extra hand shows them you want to learn more. Anything you can offer is not going to go unappreciated.

Recently, I was sketching in one of my cozy coffee spots when I saw an artist I had been following on Instagram for quite some time. It was so strange our paths crossed at this exact moment, and I knew it would not happen again. I forced myself to walk over to her and introduce myself, and we had a really nice conversation. I don't know where the confidence came from, maybe I was jacked up from my latte, but before I left I asked if she was looking for any help. Guess what? Next month I'll be starting an internship. Sometimes life does throw opportunities in our faces, we just have to grab them. 

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but quite the opposite. We all have a different vision, and deserve the chance to prove it. Our 20's are truly the time to shine, and showcase all of the special talents and skills we possess. 

Be brave, ask for what you want, it's your's for the taking.

You Might Also Like

0 comments