Latest Posts

Tips for a Busy Day

By 10:52 AM ,


Hey Readers!

I know it's been a couple weeks since my last post, and I want to apologize for that. I'm a full time student part of various clubs, and I also have started a new job with Lou & Grey. To say my life is crazy would be an understatement, so I figured I would write a post on my tips for a busy day!



Make a list


So the day starts with class or a meeting. There’s a package you need to send out, and the car needs to be filled up. Your hair appointment is at four, but theres a couple calls to make and deadlines to meet before then. Oh yeah, and what’s for dinner?


I don’t know about you, but on busy days like these my brain turns to complete mush. It seems like theres so little time, which is why I never leave the house without a list. In the morning, I go through my day and quickly bullet the tasks that are definite. Often times I even jot down little reminders to myself like “smile” or “enjoy today” and tada! Instant mood booster.


You don’t always have to stick to it, but a visual image of your day makes it much easier knowing there really is enough time to check the projects off your list.


Take a moment for mindfulness


On days when I’m running around, I don’t necessarily always need to be. When I have a lot to accomplish, it feels like each task has to be done at hyper-speed. This usually results in dropping things or forgetting something when I leave the house, which results in even more frustration than I had before. Suddenly everyone on the road is in my way, and the guy at Starbucks purposely tried to mess up my order. The problem is I’m moving too fast when the rest of the world is at a normal pace. The best way to slow down is to become mindful.


By that I mean just look around you and notice what you’re doing. Breathe in and breathe out. Sometimes I even speak to myself, for example “I am washing the dishes, the water is cold, the soap smells like lemons.” Ok, this might seem embarrassing, but it lets me focus on what I’m doing right now as opposed to stuff I have to do later. It works, I promise!


Fuel Properly

Ok, I would normally say you can never drink too much coffee...I mean a good cup of joe cures everything, right? The truth is grabbing a latte is a lot quicker than sitting down for a nice lunch, so it always seems like the best option. But then those jitters set in, and you feel like you're about to burst out of your seat. Three grandes later and you’ve crashed, and it’s not pretty. My mug of coffee upon waking is a necessity, but after that I try to switch to water for the remainder of the morning. This helps to stay hydrated and keeps away those headaches when you’ve already got enough to think about.

Hope this helps some of you take on the week with vigor, may the caffeine be with you :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments